26 February 2010
february. the snow playlist.
february was a tough month. lots of snow. lots of missing portland. lots of trying to figure out what god still has up his sleeve.
but also, lots of snow angels. lots of steaming soup. lots of celebrating the details. lots of dancing. and lots of grace.
1. the predatory wasp of the palisades is out to get us! - sufjan stevens (for when the snow won't stop falling)
2. keep breathing - ingrid michaelson (for when i am overwhelmed)
3. light and day - the polyphonic spree (for when beer tastes infinitely better after shoveling so much freaking snow)
4. two weeks - grizzly bear (for the dances in my head)
5. sunshine - matt costa (for when i lament the day carl, the snowman, melts)
6. green grass of tunnel - múm (for when i am steeped in uncertainty)
7. the cave - mumford and sons (for the tiny slice of sunlight in between the storm clouds)
8. crayon - caribou (for when i need color)
9. 3055 - Ólafur Arnalds (for when i am steeped in loneliness)
10. always like this - bombay bicycle club (for when only dancing will make things better)