22 June 2010

peace out.



this week. well, this week has been one for the books. more on that later but for now here's a nice little list to straighten things out a bit.

peaceful moments for a week like this one:

1. laying in the grass. drifting in and out of sleep as the sun shines on my face. letting go of all my fear of uv rays and knowing that vitamin d is a beautiful thing. it's true and you know it.

2. water. in any form, really. sitting by a big body of it. drinking it. watching it fall. water is just pretty great.

3. being hugged by rachel, my peter pan soulmate.

4. being hugged by becca, my never-been-kissed soulmate. she may have a husband who kisses her all the time now. it doesn't matter. she's still my soulmate.

5. drinking a soy white chocolate mocha at my favorite portland coffee house. I'm telling you. if heaven has a signature drink, this is it.

6. listening to erik satie's gymnopédies. especially no. 1. utterly beautiful. in the way that something can be so stunning you almost can't function.

7. reading the history of love for what seems like the hundredth time. and still loving it just as much.

8. listening to a really great episode of this american life. like this one. or this one. or especially this one.

9. daffodils in a mason jar in my room.

10. walking. slowly and without destination. taking it all in.

11. talking to mindy on the phone. just hearing her voice calms me down.

12. praying like I mean it. and finally learning to trust that God is good. all the time.

3 comments:

Mark said...

i didnt know that vivace was your favorite coffee place in portland... that place is good! Crêpes are soo good there! Also... Le Happy is amazing too. They have a great drink there that tastes similar to a white russian!

Angela said...

I love your blog, and I'm missing you.

carrie said...

mark and ange! you are two of my very favorite people! you give me good coffee shop advice. plus, you love me :)