08 June 2010

may.



okay. I know this is late. terribly terribly late. but may was such a crazy month, especially the last part. visiting with good friends. finishing up with fellows. vacationing on the coast. touristing with the parents. so many great things to be thankful for.

and now it's time to be an adult. suddenly, I am worrying about bills and health insurance and everything in between. and all I can keep thinking is when did I decide to grow up? I don't remember ever agreeing to this.

1. to be young (is to be sad, is to be high) - ryan adams (for when growing up seems to be suddenly upon me)
*this is an amazing recording but the first few minutes are talking. skip to 2:50 and enjoy.

2. the world at large - modest mouse (for feeling the current of the atlantic ocean pull at my feet like gravity)

3. roll on - dntel (for when everything is changing)

4. sweet thing - van morrison (for the bittersweet end)

5. 32 flavors - ani difranco (for when I feel like a poster girl with no poster)

6. goods (all in your head) - mates of state (for dancing with unadulterated and purely joyful abandon)

7. say hello - rosie thomas (for the sweetness of smiling)

8. airplanes - local natives (for remembering what I love. and loving it even more.)

9. her morning elegance - oren lavie (for waking up to sunlight and the smell of blueberry waffles)

10. jacksonville - sufjan stevens (for driving with the windows down and the wind rushing up my arm and down my neck. summer has officially arrived.)

No comments: