15 July 2010
let's not talk about how late this is. I promise the next one will be on time. maybe.
1. automatique - blackalicious and floetry (for when all the things I take for granted suddenly seem so precious)
2. the bagman's gambit - the decemberists (for when I wish my washington d.c. was more exciting than crowded, smelly metro rides)
*seriously. these are some of the best lyrics ever. seriously. and the cacophony of music towards the end? brilliant if you ask me.
3. waiting - shiny toy guns (for waiting. and waiting. and waiting.)
4. the cure for pain - jon foreman (for when I am steeped in melancholy)
5. her morning elegance - oren lavie (for when I am steeped in daydreams)
**lovely lovely music video.
6. tisbury lane - mae (for when I suddenly feel like I am back in high school)
7. the chain - ingrid michaleson (for when "row row row your boat" just doesn't cut it)
8. hello, I love you - the doors (for remembering jim morrison)