10 January 2011

these friends of mine

although it stinks to find out the hard way, it's always nice when you find out who your friends are. it's nice to know who you can really count on even when it's because you find out who you can't.

but I am not going to let this be about how hurt I may or may not be right now. it's going to be about how undeniably, inexplicably blessed I am to have the true friends that I do. after a year of wondering what the heck is wrong with me, I am finally starting to find great friends right where I am. and going home for rach and steve's wedding only confirmed that I have a group of soul mates in portland (and lincoln city, and omaha, and sacramento and montana and even denver and arkansas) who never let me forget that no matter what happens I will always have people who care and love for one another in a way that proves God's goodness. when I think about what it must be like in heaven to have perfect community with the One who loves me more than I can ever imagine...well the only thing I can think of that even begins to help me understand what this will be like is to think of these people who are my best friends.

so here's to you - you beautiful friends of mine.

you show me what it looks like to love others in a way that is truly glorifying to God. from the careers you choose to the way you treat every single person you meet with respect and true acknowledgment of their precious place as God's creation. you inspire me to live for God and for others more than myself.

when I'm with you I see who God is more clearly. when I'm with you I am truly joyful. when I'm with you I know who I am. I honestly don't know what I would do without you.

and let's be honest - you are all just so dang good looking!

the one who will always be my sister and best friend


the ones who will always be my soul mates (and future neighbors)









(other than the first one, all of the above photos are credited to the lovely mrs. leah ell.)

2 comments:

Mark said...

PHNOMNL!!! love you carrie!

Becca Dressler said...

I know I read this a bit late, but it doesn't mean that the message still doesn't apply! You captured it perfectly in your analogy of community in heaven, with our community of friends. I love you!!