23 January 2012

films I could watch again and again.

tonight I saw a movie that did not live up to the hype my mind had originally hyped. I blame myself, really. I should have had a bit more grace. but it did remind me how rare really good films are. so while this certain movie shall remain nameless, I will go ahead and name some of the ones that are worth it. in no particular order, a dozen films (there could be dozens and dozens) that I could watch over and over forever and ever. go ahead and have yourself a mini-movie-marathon. or just watch the trailers/clips below.

1. amelie.

2. almost famous.

3. lars and the real girl.

4. everything is illuminated. favorite book. phenomenal film.

5. juno.

6. man on wire.

7. the fall.

8. in america.

9. the royal tenenbaums. (such a close tie with the darjeeling limited.)

10. away we go.

11. good will hunting.

12. mr. magorium's wonder emporium.

what are some of your favorites?

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw "The Fall" on your list -- I LOVE IT and no one has ever heard of it! I don't think it's an exaggeration to say it's the most visually stunning film I've ever seen.