05 June 2012



pic name pic name

pic name pic name


pic name pic name




at brunch, we were full of laughter and a touch of silliness and anticipation of vastly different summer adventures on the way.

at the market, we found playful perennials and perfect peaches and some of the best apples I've ever tasted.

at the flea, I wanted to buy every pretty vintage bookshelf and chest of drawers. I tried to rationalize this by stating that I needed furniture for my new house. plus, they were recycled - a totally sensible buy, of course. the roommates knew better and managed to get me out of there without buying anything I couldn't carry on the metro. (but oh, those sandals. I'm kind of in love with them.)

at the bookstore, my search for CSL's Space Trilogy was finally complete. and I stumbled upon the perfect intro anthology for a lady I've been meaning to read for so long. and when I say stumbled, I literally mean stumbled. in this beautiful chaos of a bookstore we leapt over piles of books like ballet dancers. we scaled bookshelves like mountain climbers - reaching to the tips of our fingers for dostoevsky and tolstoy.

and best of all, at every step of the way, we loved being together. we celebrated the end the same way we celebrated the beginning. autumn called it symmetrical. I called if full circle. either way, it had a satisfying way of completeness to it. but without the circle feeling totally closed. because it's never really closed when you know the friendship will keep moving forward albeit under different roofs in cities far apart.

by the way, I feel like these two photos perfectly encapsulate my roommates. autumn, with her always moving, always joyful (even when she's not) smile. maria, with her quiet confidence and peaceful presence. these two balance me out in more ways than I can count. what the heck am I going to do without them?

No comments: